If I had Michael Vick

A generic football forum all users can access. Not intended for fantasy league specific (WWFFL/CAFFL) posts. Use this forum for general NFL or fantasy football posts.

Moderators: wwffladmin, commish

If I had Michael Vick

Postby tbirds » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:53 am

and someone offered me a bucket of cold piss for him, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Because if these allegations turn out to be true, he's never gonna play in the NFL again.

What a fucking scumbag.
"I think [Larry Fitzgerald] could be the next Rob Moore." - Karl Meszaros, 2004
tbirds
Hall of Famer

RE: If I had Michael Vick

Postby poets » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:22 am

I've read that the NFL does not plan dishing out punishment until there is a conviction. The way I see it, Vick will play this year because his trial won't get get started and finished in time to effect this year. Will there be more charges filed against him? I've got think that the IRS will get involved if they can link him to substantial financial gains. I wonder if Atlanta is thinking that they traded the wrong QB this offseason?
poets
Rookie

Postby tbirds » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:52 am

The trial will take place during the course of the season this year. Maybe if he played another sport or another position, he could pull it off - but NOT as the QB of an NFL team.

There won't be simply fines involved. He bought and built a property with the sole intent of staging dog fights. He personally took part in the execution of dogs that didn't make the grade. Dozens of dead dogs were found on the property. Slamming dogs to the ground until they were dead, spraying dogs with the hose and electrocuting them? This is serial killer type stuff and he will go to jail if convicted.

After that, what NFL team will want a lunatic like that as the frontman for their team? These aren't Michael Irvin-type moral indiscretions or questionable gun ownership charges. He stood by and watched animals being tortured and killed on a property he built solely for that purpose - possibly even profitted from it.

I've seen some F-ed up shit come from the ranks of professional athletes, but this certainly takes the cake.
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby poets » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:20 pm

Hey, I agree. Vick is garbage and he does not deserve to play in the NFL. He needs to be sent to prison. If this involved you or I, we would be fucked. However, I know I can't throw a football 80 yards or run like a deer. This guy will play football again. You don't here anyone anymore talk about Kobe and the woman he raped. These guys feel that they are above the law, and in some cases I wonder if they really are.
poets
Rookie

Postby empire » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:39 pm

Pacman got a year without being convicted. Vick is a POS.
1998, 2003, & 2004 Holy Roller Champion
2001, 2003, & 2004 CAFFL Champion
empire
All Pro

Postby poets » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:49 pm

Do you think he will be suspended before being convicted? I thought he would, but I read last night something that said the NFl was going to wait and see what happens. If he is convicted, he will definately be suspended, but I don't think he will never play again. Athletes have this way of getting off easier than others. If convicted, I think he does a little time, he gets suspended for a year and is reinstated. If it was me, I would slam his ass to the ground, shock him, hold his head under the water and send him to prison for the max. As an owner, I would not want him to represent my team. However, some owner will sign him (if the Falcons release him which I think they will). I wonder how many other players get involved with this stuff. Remeber, a few months ago Clinton Portis said something like "I don't see what the big deal is (referring to Vick and dog fighting)."
poets
Rookie

Re: RE: If I had Michael Vick

Postby tbirds » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:26 pm

poets wrote:Hey, I agree. Vick is garbage and he does not deserve to play in the NFL. He needs to be sent to prison. If this involved you or I, we would be fucked. However, I know I can't throw a football 80 yards or run like a deer. This guy will play football again. You don't here anyone anymore talk about Kobe and the woman he raped. These guys feel that they are above the law, and in some cases I wonder if they really are.

I never thought Kobe was guilty. As the case progressed, more and more things came out to make that girl look like a farce - particularly the fact that she'd filed suits like that in the past. Maybe he got off because of a fast-talking legal dream team, who knows. Consensual sex with a (slightly) underage girl isn't in the same league as this though. Was she underage? I don't even remember the nuances of that case.
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby tbirds » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:29 pm

poets wrote:I wonder how many other players get involved with this stuff. Remeber, a few months ago Clinton Portis said something like "I don't see what the big deal is (referring to Vick and dog fighting)."

Maybe, but at that time Vick was just denying allegations - and most, including myself, probably thought he was innocent of being involved in any of that.

It's looking like that isn't the case now.
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby waxx » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:34 pm

Many of the offenses committed by other althletes were more in tune to being committed during the heat of the moment. Except for the cases of drug use, the athletes are not going out thinking they want to committ a crime. Most often, they are simply poor decisions at the moment. If numberous poor decisions are being made, well, still not the same as doing what Vick is being accused of.

It's like the difference between Manslaughter and Murder One. Vick did things like this intentionally and with preconceived thought.

As strange and backward as it may seem, many will look at this as something worse than rape, drug use, shooting off your gun, or even being on the scene of a murder.
no need for a meltdown... there is always next week
waxx
Hall of Famer

Postby tbirds » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:55 pm

waxx wrote:Many of the offenses committed by other althletes were more in tune to being committed during the heat of the moment. Except for the cases of drug use, the athletes are not going out thinking they want to committ a crime. Most often, they are simply poor decisions at the moment. If numberous poor decisions are being made, well, still not the same as doing what Vick is being accused of.

It's like the difference between Manslaughter and Murder One. Vick did things like this intentionally and with preconceived thought.

As strange and backward as it may seem, many will look at this as something worse than rape, drug use, shooting off your gun, or even being on the scene of a murder.

I can't say this is worse than rape, but you're right on about his premeditated intentions. This wasn't something that was just happening on his property or a hot-blooded indiscretion. He BUILT this property specifically for dog-fighting.
Last edited by tbirds on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby tbirds » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:57 pm

I just read that article on the front page of our site. That guy sounds more pissed off than me about what he read about Vick. Let's put the "innocent until proven guilty" thing to rest right now:

"He has been charged in federal court, and for those who don't know what that means, let me tell you: It means Vick is almost certainly guilty. According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 99 percent of the people indicted by the federal government between 2000 and 2005 were convicted."
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby poets » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:24 pm

I have also read something that mentioned that federal indictments usually means that they have a very strong case. If he is found to be guilty, how much time will he get? Is his NFL career over? I also think more charges will come about from the government (i.e., Tax evasion). I think he is guilty. I say he gets jail time but I don't think his NFL career is over. Just my opinion.
poets
Rookie

Postby waxx » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:46 pm

I think his career would be over. As a fan, would you want him on your team? Would any city want him on the team? Again, taking a chance on a malcontent who just makes bad decisions all the time is easier to accept being on your team than somebody like Vick.

I think the public outcry to any owner would be overwhelming enough that he would essentially be black-balled from being signed anywhere.

I also would not be surprised if he simply is suspended indefinatley to which that time will never be determined.

So, Marcus and Michael... they musta had great parents and a great upbringing.
no need for a meltdown... there is always next week
waxx
Hall of Famer

Postby poets » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:12 pm

If OJ can get off, Vick can too. Fans and owners forget the bad stuff when it comes to winning. Remember Delmon Young, who was a player for the Tampa Devil Rays farm system a few years ago. He hit an umpire with a bat. He was suspended for maybe a half a year. He eventually made it up to the majors. Know one talks about that anymore. All I am saying is funny things happen. Greedy owners and fans wanting to win tend to forgive. I think what Vick did was wrong. Would I want him on the Bears? No. However, when things calm down, I would not be surprised to see this jackoff playing in the NFL again.
poets
Rookie

Postby empire » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Sad but true. Unless he gets major time in prison (like several years), he'll be back in the NFL before long. IMO this is way worse than drugs, DUIs, cop-biting, stripper-punching, and maybe even Ray Lewis. Those guys involved in the Lewis incident on both sides were gun-toting thugs getting into fights in bars. Dogs are totally defenseless animals and planning to profit from their torture and death is really antisocial-type behavior. I'd like to see Vick sentenced to be chained to a pole with some hungry pit bulls. Seriously.
1998, 2003, & 2004 Holy Roller Champion
2001, 2003, & 2004 CAFFL Champion
empire
All Pro

Next

Return to Football