Patriots

A generic football forum all users can access. Not intended for fantasy league specific (WWFFL/CAFFL) posts. Use this forum for general NFL or fantasy football posts.

Moderators: wwffladmin, commish

Postby tbirds » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Well, at least the Super Bowl isn't Green Bay and New England. I can't imagine a worse Super Bowl than the two teams I hate the most.
"I think [Larry Fitzgerald] could be the next Rob Moore." - Karl Meszaros, 2004
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby hammers » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:34 pm

tbirds wrote:Well, at least the Super Bowl isn't Green Bay and New England. I can't imagine a worse Super Bowl than the two teams I hate the most.

I can't see how a NY-Boston championship wouldn't be worse. I'm certain the hype will be unrivaled this year as the "East coast bias" swings into full gear.

I'm sure the NFL is loving having NY in the Super Bowl, though. NY = big $$$.

I hope the Pats crush the Giants.

J
Hut, Hut, Hammers!

Championship Wins 2004, 2007, 2012, 2014, 2020
Championship Appearances 1999, 2001, 2010
Century Div Champion 2014, 2019
Red Div Champion 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012
Central Div Champion 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001
Wild Card 1995, 1998, 2008, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2023
hammers
Hall of Famer

Postby tbirds » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:32 am

Two NY teams is pretty bad, yes. Not Green Bay bad, but bad. If I have to listen to another Baaas-ton accent I'm gonna shit. I hate it. Now the commercials will probably be full of those fucking ignorant Boston accents.

I hope Brady goes 0 for 40 with no TDs, 12 INTs, and gets paralyzed on the last play of the game but remains conscious long enough to see the Pats lose 85-0 as the final seconds tick away. Belichick is then fired and executed after the game.
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby strife » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:32 am

WOW!!!!!! You're so violent... :shock: GO PATS!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Putting FEAR into the hearts of men since 1997!!!
strife
Rookie

Postby avengers » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:28 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......
2009 - Striving to end a Buffalo Bills-like string of futility!
avengers
Rookie

Postby avengers » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:31 am

*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Damn that was great. As much as I hate listening to that idiot Mercury Morris, I was SO happy to see the arrogant coach hoodie lose. Brady got punished all game, and is just a decent QB when getting hit so much. Even gods (like everyone was making him out to be) are just ok when getting pummeled all game. Proves his O-line gets a lot of the credit. Don't get me wrong, I think Brady is really good, but he's no Montana. Not yet anyway. At least all the Patriots bs can stop for a while.

G-Men Rule!!!
2009 - Striving to end a Buffalo Bills-like string of futility!
avengers
Rookie

Postby hammers » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Most watched Superbowl ever. 2nd in All Time TV ratings behind the final episode of M*A*S*H* (I watched that, too).

You gotta at least admit the Patriots make for great Superbowls (XX and XXXI notwithstanding). In their last four appearances each game has been decided by only 3pts. I recall the Philly, Carolina and St. Louis games as being very similar to this one. Coming right down to the wire. Last guy with his hands on the ball could win the game. Good stuff. It was another outstanding fucking game.

The Giants simply showed they wanted it more last night. The two "desire" plays I recall last night was when Eli fumbled the the NE defensive player clearly fell right on top of the ball. As this massive NE D-lineman was falling on the ball and wrapping it up, NY RB, A.Bradshaw, barely managed to get his hands under him. Before the refs could see what had happened and blow the play dead, Bradshaw tears at the ball so violently that he rolls this lineman over from his front to his back (mind you he's got to be outweighed by almost 100lbs and has no leverage). By the time the refs get to the pile Bradshaws holding the ball. Refs call Giants recovery and they keep the drive alive.
That lineman had that ball, but he didn't "want" it as much as Bradshaw did.
The next play was the catch by Tyree at the end. He wanted that ball and wasn't going to let go of it (even if it meant catching it against his helmet). Both plays showed a lot of "heart" that I think the Pats were missing last night.
Brady seemed a bit stiff out there. He wasn't putting the usual 'touch' on his passes. Granted, he was getting beaten like he hadn't been in a long time, but he stood tall and took some monster hits to try and get rid of the ball. I expected the Patriots to make some of their patented 2nd half adjustments, but they didn't materialize. They seemed mechanical and rigorous while NY was playing fired up and passionately.

Outside of the game, though, I can't say I'm happy NY won it. Are any of you genuinely happy for Eli, Tom or Strahan or are you all just glad it wasn't NE winning?

J
Hut, Hut, Hammers!

Championship Wins 2004, 2007, 2012, 2014, 2020
Championship Appearances 1999, 2001, 2010
Century Div Champion 2014, 2019
Red Div Champion 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012
Central Div Champion 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001
Wild Card 1995, 1998, 2008, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2023
hammers
Hall of Famer

Postby tbirds » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:18 pm

hammers wrote:Outside of the game, though, I can't say I'm happy NY won it. Are any of you genuinely happy for Eli, Tom or Strahan or are you all just glad it wasn't NE winning?

J

Nope, just glad NE didn't win, thank you very much. I thought it was great when sweatpants-boy Belishit ran off the field without his team before the game was over.

Probably to try to steal some film from the Giant's locker room. Cheating bastard.
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby mpfg » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:14 pm

hammers wrote:The Giants simply showed they wanted it more last night.

Dead on insight, J. The Pats looked like they thought the game was just going to be handed to them. Even up to the end.

Outside of the game, though, I can't say I'm happy NY won it. Are any of you genuinely happy for Eli, Tom or Strahan or are you all just glad it wasn't NE winning?

Didn't really have a preference, myself, but I did find myself engrossed by the game itself. I was impressed with the way the Giants came out and laid some hits on Brady and manhandled on a few occasions the Pat's O-line. However, the Giants first drive was nearly nine minutes, too! It's the Superbowl and you think NE would be hyped, but when you don't touch the ball for nearly 15% of the game that has to have some influence on the adrenalin the NE offense takes the field with. Good game any way one looks at it.
Um Ya Ya!
mpfg
Benchwarmer

Previous

Return to Football