R.I.P. Sean Taylor

A generic football forum all users can access. Not intended for fantasy league specific (WWFFL/CAFFL) posts. Use this forum for general NFL or fantasy football posts.

Moderators: wwffladmin, commish

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Postby podunks » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:06 am

How sad. :(
2007 CAFFL CHAMP!
Podunks (have and) will (continue to) prevail!
podunks
Rookie

Postby locos » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:58 am

Very sad. I was shocked to hear that he had passed--I can't imagine what his family/friends are going through.
locos
Rookie

Postby tbirds » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:31 am

locos wrote:Very sad. I was shocked to hear that he had passed--I can't imagine what his family/friends are going through.

At the risk of sounding obtuse, they're probably going through the same pain that thousands of regular people go through every day when a family member dies.

I mean, come on. This wasn't a Peace Corps volunteer or Mother Teresa's protege. 34 U.S. servicemen died in Iraq in November and I'm going to observe a moment of silence for a multi-millionaire professional athlete?
"I think [Larry Fitzgerald] could be the next Rob Moore." - Karl Meszaros, 2004
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby poets » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:53 pm

This story just doesn't add up. Who robs a house when the occupants are home? Wouldn't you wait until Sean is healthy and playing (so that he is out of his house and away from the machete he keeps in his bedroom for protection). Also, if the assilants were robbing the house, why didn't they steal something. Why would you break down the door and fire shots at Sean Taylor. I am probably wrong, but this sounds like a hit.
poets
Rookie

Postby poets » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:45 pm

Isn't it funny that tonight one of Sean's friends stated that he doubts it was a burglary. He added that Sean had a lot of enemies in Miami and he has feared for his life the last year or two.
poets
Rookie

Postby tbirds » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:23 am

He was also shot in the groin. I doubt that was an accident. There's far more to this story than what's been released.
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby jedi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:34 pm

Any way you slice it, whether it is a soldier or a professional athlete, it is always a sad situation. He was 24 years old and was really trying to turn his life around. He also had the talent to be a Hall of Famer. Really is a shame...
jedi
Cagey Veteran

Postby machine » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:23 pm

Let's face it, although a tragic event, this guy was no saint. He was arrested for assault and brandishing a firearm during a dispute over stolen ATV's. The only apparent reason he did do time is that the county prosecutors botched the case.
machine
Benchwarmer

Postby tbirds » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 am

machine wrote:Let's face it, although a tragic event, this guy was no saint. He was arrested for assault and brandishing a firearm during a dispute over stolen ATV's. The only apparent reason he did do time is that the county prosecutors botched the case.

Exactly. I'm not making light of any man dying like this, but geez, this whole deal has been over-exposed by a factor of 100 now.

Wasn't this the guy who spit in someone's face during a game?

I must admit I haven't lost much sleep over this.
tbirds
Hall of Famer

Postby machine » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:26 pm

Let's face it, although a tragic event, this guy was no saint. He was arrested for assault and brandishing a firearm during a dispute over stolen ATV's. The only apparent reason he didn't do time is that the county prosecutors botched the case.

Correction - He did not do time due to prosecutorial incompetance.
machine
Benchwarmer

Return to Football